Monday, July 10, 2006

Textiles: I-Spy Quilt

http://www.gammon.com.au/helen/quilts/index.php?id=13

I found this link in another blog: just when you think you've done something original, you find someone else has already done it! This vibrant i-spy quilt also uses single-fabric squares alternating with nine-patch blocks. I was trying to work out why it was different to my design; it's because my nine-patches use just two fabrics, usually one picture and one plain(ish), whereas this quilt's nine-patches are nine different picture fabrics. Is it OK to say that I prefer mine? Phew! Panic over - if I liked hers better than mine, or felt I couldn't add anything to the concept, I'd give up now.
I noticed that Hansons had a sale starting 8th July, and I needed a fat quarter with spaceships on. Needless to say I came out with several gorgeous fabrics*, some machine accessories and a reel of quilting thread...
* including a wonderful Laurel Burch horse design stuffed with so many colours and patterns it makes my heart sing every time I look at it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home